Hard work and dedication truly pay off, and our November Member, Alexis Derrigo, is a clear example of that, and she always does it with a smile and great attitude! Read below to learn a little more about Alexis!
CrossFitting Since: February 2015
Usual Class time: 4:30 PM
1) Where is your hometown?
Mannsville, NY (it’s about 45 minutes north of Syracuse)
2) What do you do for a living?
I’m a student at UB, majoring in psychology and biology. When I’m not at school, I bartend at Goodfellos (a restaurant near my hometown)
3) Do you have any children/pets? If so, what kind/how many?
No children. I have a beta fish named Murph, we’ll see how long I can keep him alive for before becoming responsible for any other living things.
4) What is your favorite movement in CrossFit? Least favorite?
Favorite – front squats
Least favorite – thrusters
5) What are your hobbies outside of CFA?
Well I like cooking and baking. Also, I have danced since I was like 3-ish, so I still do that in my free time.
6) What would you like to get out of CrossFit long-term?
Just to gain health and fitness.
7) Fun Fact about you!
I want to be a neurosurgeon when I grow up